IS ONLINE COUNSELLING EFFECTIVE?
Online counselling has been proven since the 1990's to be very effective, and even more-so since the development of highly efficient platforms such as Zoom, FaceTime, Jane, Doxy and many others. Research has shown no difference in online counselling results compared to in-person therapy.
HOW DOES ONLINE COUNSELLING WORK?
On the day of your online counselling session with FreeMind Therapy, a unique Jane.App link will automatically be emailed to you. This link will lead you directly to your video session waiting room after clicking a consent. Your therapist will "admit" you when they are ready. It's that simple!
For the best experience, use headphones, with a computer or tablet. We strongly recommend using the Google Chrome browser to avoid glitches with Jane.App video. However, many people use their phones, especially if they are having a session in the middle of a workday, in their car, or don't have access to computer. If you have an iPhone, download the Jane Online Appointments app in advance, but if you have an Android, please use the Google Chrome app.
TIPS FOR AN OPTIMAL SESSION
To ensure maximum use of time with your therapist, here are some tips:
- Download the Google Chrome browser (for any type of laptop or Android phone), or Jane Online Appointments (for iPhone).
- Ensure your browser's audio and video are enabled.
- Ensure you have a quiet and confidential place for your session, with no interruptions.
- Ensure your device is fully charged or plugged in.
- Headphones are recommended for the best experience (but not required).
- Try to be hands-free if at all possible (especially for Rapid Resolution Therapy).
- Sit upright (no laying down).
- Ensure your wifi is NOT being used by others for simultaneous video streaming (this will decrease the quality of our video).